In this Matrix-themed bonus episode on the eve of the Matrix Resurrections launch, we revisit the opening scene that started the movie franchise. We break down how the Wachowskis were able to create interesting characters, and an immediate sense of intrigue that helps drive the plot forward. We also talk about how they accomplish so much world building in just 4 minutes of screen time.
Watch on YouTube (0:00)
- Since Matrix 4 Matrix Resurrections is coming out, we added a bonus episode to review the thrilling opening scene from the first Matrix movie
- This is the behind the scenes creation of bullet time conceived by The Wachowskis but executed by the VFX team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYk0WHcmrYo
- executed and explained by John Gaeta
- Carrie-Anne Moss also co-starred in a 1993 TV series called Matrix: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106062
- The video game series that Alex mentions which has bullet time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne